Tapco Slate External Finish
Leka systems has chosen to utilize the Tapco Slate & Britmet Liteslate product range through careful evaluation of all leading brands not just in the UK but throughout the Globe when matching a Slate tile house roof.
Choosing a lightweight material to complete the overall look of your warm conservatory roof is as important as the quality and technology beneath the surface and we are proud to work with Tapco & Britmet to provide this to you.
For centuries, slate roofing has been desired for its durability and beauty. With authentic surfaces and edges, Tapco & Britmet Lite Slate highlights the handsome character of slate, at the same time enhancing roof performance through innovative design. Unlike natural slate, Tapco & Britmet Lite won’t break or delaminate and comes with a 40-year Warranty of its own.
BBA Certified Tapco & Britmet Lite Slate gives you the power to evoke both historical elegance and outstanding modern-day style.
Our slates are created with moulds cast from real slate to capture genuine peaks, plateaux and curves. Colour-through design and UV stabilisation ensure “stay-true” richness for traditional colours such as Pewter Grey and Plum, bold tones like Brick Red and unique selections such as Emerald Green and Grey/Black blended tiles.
Slate Mixes are another feature of our unique colour choices, they deliver uncommon elegance through boldly-appealing multiple colours to turn your roof into a work of art. Just a few of the colour examples are visible below.
Britmet Slate Features
- Authentic, sustainable, lightweight slate.
- British made.
- Designed to give a traditional slate appearance.
- Low pitch.
- Does not break or crack.
- Quick installation.
- Cost effective.
- Virtually maintenance free.
- Extensive range of accessories and flashings available.
- Fully dry-fixed.
- Weight as laid per m2: 12kg.
- Guaranteed for 40 years against weather penetration.
- Full technical support available Recycled core material.
- Material: Recyclable blend of Polypropylene & Limestone.
- Fire resistance: BS476 Part 3.
- Easy to handle and fix.
Tapco Slate Features
- Made from resin bonded, crushed virgin Dolomite limestone, Tapco Slate has the random texture and edges of natural slate.
- Tapco Slate is lightweight, (from only 12 kgs/sq. metre).
- Easy to handle and can be fixed by either hammer and nail or nail gun.
- Tapco Slate is strong
- It's cost effective
- It's recyclable
- Tapco has an attractive finish
- No breakage, wastage, drilling or sorting required.
- Available in a range of attractive colours and blends.
- Production-induced camber ensures tight fit at tail of slate when fixed.
- Tapco Slate have excellent weathering characteristics; they will not curl, lift or delaminate, and are impermeable to water.
- When tested to BS476 part 3, an AA fire rating is achieved for installation on boarded roofs.
- BBA Certified.
- Tapco Slate are backed by a 40-year Warranty.
Tapco and Britmet Slate Key Benefits
- Looks extremely authentic.
- Choice of colours.
- Traditional colours (5 in total) are stocked and available within 4-5 days. (Alternative and Mix colours are subject to a 5-6 week delivery time – but this isn’t long when planning roofing/building work – and a minimum order quantity.)
- Minimal Wastage. Breakage is negligible when handling/cutting/fixing. Natural slate may incur 5-15% breakage/shrinkage factor depending on the quality.
- Lightweight… from only 12 kgs/sq. metre (half the weight of natural slate). Very useful for re-roofing applications where timbers may be suspect, or when designing the loading specification for a new roof.
- Slates are marked with nailing and exposure guidelines and horizontal spacers, which helps to maintain integrity when fixing.
- Dimensionally accurate… no need to sort for thickness before loading the roof. Natural slate can vary in thickness, causing gapping, and subsequent breakage if walked on.
- Packs of 25 mean easier handling and quicker roof loading.
- Product doesn’t crack or split, particularly when cutting for hips, valleys, etc.
- Quicker to lay than natural slate. Much loved by roofers, once they have used the product, for many of the above reasons.